Saturday, January 31, 2009

top ten lists

so one day i sat down and wrote some top ten lists...the first 10 things that came to my mind in no particular order...here they are:

Top Ten Things I Like in Nicaragua
1. sunshine
2. mountains and volcanos
3. people - super friendly, welcoming, helpful, hospitable
4. hammocks
5. being outside all the time
6. open houses
7. people singing loudly at all times of the day
8. boys playing soccer barefoot
9. markets
10. tortillas

Top Ten Things I Don´t Like So Much
1. mosquitos
2. dust
3. mold/rain
4. infidelity
5. scorpians
6. superstitions - everything is harmful
7. burning trash
8. dark by 6pm
9. standing on crowded buses for hours
10. gender roles

Top Ten Things I Miss
1. family/friends
2. hugs
3. diversity
4. mexican food
5. sports
6. dancing
7. coaching gymnastics
8. movies
9. internet
10. chocolate

So in other news...i don´t remember if i already said this but i can now carry a giant bucket of water on my head...very exciting. workshops are over... school starts on tuesday - im super pumped. My garden is growing nicely...my youth group is still talking about a tree nursery...im hoping one day soon...

the community attempted to have 2 meetings to pick new council members and only me and my host mom showed up both times. so thats a little frustrating. but we thought of people for each position, are going to ask them and hope they all accept and meet again next week. there is an environment coordinator so im hoping to work with that person on projects. but the community doesn´t seem too pumped about meeting so far...hopefully that will change.

im really enjoying my house and garden. im making more friends and enjoying myself. and i really can´t wait to get into the schools and working with the teachers. i guess that´s it. love you and miss you all!

No comments: